The Blakley's
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 4

Pages


About Me

My photo
I’m a stay at home mother of two beautiful children, Zoey and Zane. I spend most of my days wiping butts and cleaning up…but what can I say I love every minute of it. I love the time I get to spend each day with my children thanks to God and my wonderful husband. This blog is about our daily happenings at the Blakley Ranch. Hope you enjoy!

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Something New...

I need to try something NEW!!! I am making a drastic decision. Ok, it’s not that drastic but for this girl it evokes a small amount of fear. What is it you ask? I’m going to start The Couch-to-5K Running Plan.

It’s a beginner’s running schedule that will have you running 3 miles in just two months. I’m not exactly a coach potato but I’m definitely not a runner. Actually, I don’t think I’ve ran since having my children. After taking a speed walking class in college I was hooked. Speed walking is my friend. I’m comfortable with speed walking…it brings me no anxiety. However, I need a change and I need to get out of my comfort zone. I can’t seem to maintain an exercise program…I think I’m bored. So, here goes nothing…running here I come. Please be kind to me… we have not been friends for awhile. I’m off to clean the house, wash clothes, and set my workout gear out. I want no excuse in the morning! Even though I’m a little anxious I know it will be fun to challenge myself. If you interested in this program check out this link

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

If you have tried this program or know of any other great workout routines let me know!

3 comments:

Lacy said...

Hey Erica!!! It toatally works and last year Hillary and I ran 13 MILES and did not stop but for 6 minutes!! If I can anyone can! I run 4 mornings a week and would love it if you want to drive into town to meet us!!! You can do it girl!email me at lkelso@madisonvillecisd.org if you want to talk more. Good luck!

Laney said...

Good luck! I hope it goes well. I have been wanting to try something like that, but haven't yet. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Lacie said...

5K... oh my! I have lost motivation for excersing too... let us know how it goes. I'll let you try it out first! hahaha