The Blakley's
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 4

Pages


About Me

My photo
I’m a stay at home mother of two beautiful children, Zoey and Zane. I spend most of my days wiping butts and cleaning up…but what can I say I love every minute of it. I love the time I get to spend each day with my children thanks to God and my wonderful husband. This blog is about our daily happenings at the Blakley Ranch. Hope you enjoy!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Happy Cooking...

If you read my previous post you know I’m trying out new recipes this week. Luckily, my family is not too picky. I don’t include Zane’s opinion…he’s only two and his taste buds are set to love only things sweet! However, luckily he will gag a few times and continue eating...I’m one lucky mom! However, I can honestly say all my family members LOVED the last two recipes I made and ate EVERY SINGLE BITE on their plates.

Crunchy Garlic Chicken

2 tablespoons butter or stick margarine, melted
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives or parsley
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder
2 cups cornflakes cereal, crushed (1 cup)
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
½ teaspoon paprika
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons butter or stick margarine, melted

1. Heat oven to 425 degrees. Grease rectangular pan, 13 X 9 X 2 inches.

2. Mix 2 tablespoons butter, the milk, chives, salt and garlic powder. Mix cornflakes, parsley and paprika. Dip chicken into milk mixture, then coat lightly and evenly with cornflakes mixture. Place in pan. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons butter.

3. Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.

This recipe is from my Betty Crocker Complete Cookbook. I served it with Rice A Roni Long Grain Wild Rice, steamed carrots, and green onions. It was a big hit!

The next recipe and picture are from my Taste of Home Church Supper Cookbook.

This recipe is not me…I’m not a big meat eater but I knew my family would enjoy it. Geeze…the sacrifices a mom will make. Boy, was I shocked when I really enjoyed this meal. It was really something I would not normally eat and I think I needed that…it hit the spot! When I originally picked out this recipe, I did not realize the meal was completely made in the microwave. My husband will die if he reads this. He loved the meal but HATES a microwave. He will only use it as a last resort…like when I’m not home to feed him and he has to fend for himself. I’m not lying when I say this meal took me 15 minutes start to finish to make. If you made the meatballs beforehand you could have dinner ready in 10 minutes max! This meal serves 12 so I cut it in half. The sandwiches are VERY FILLING. Joey could only eat one.

Meatball Sub Sandwiches

2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup dry bread crumbs
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 pounds ground beef (I used lean ground beef)
1 jar (28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
Additional Parmesan cheese, sliced onion, and green bell peppers, optional
12 sandwich rolls, split

1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over the mixture and mix well. Shape into 1 inch balls. Place in a single layer in a 2 quart microwave-safe dish.

2. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes. Turn meatballs; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until no longer pink. Drain. Add spaghetti sauce.

3. Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes or until heated through. Serve on rolls.

I used wheat sandwich rolls. I split them and toasted them with butter and garlic powder. For Joey and me, I added the meatballs and topped with purple onions, green bell peppers, jalapenos, and Parmesan cheese…YUMMY! I served these sandwiches with potato chips and fruit for the kiddos. Happy Cooking!

No comments: