The Blakley's
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 4

Pages


About Me

My photo
I’m a stay at home mother of two beautiful children, Zoey and Zane. I spend most of my days wiping butts and cleaning up…but what can I say I love every minute of it. I love the time I get to spend each day with my children thanks to God and my wonderful husband. This blog is about our daily happenings at the Blakley Ranch. Hope you enjoy!

Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Odd One Out...

Around our house I'm the odd one out. That's right, I don't own a pair of western boots, a hat, or any other western gear. However, I love the fact that my children have fallen into my husband's footsteps...they love EVERYTHING about horses, boots, and cowboy hats. In fact, I received Zane's first cowboy hat and belt buckle at my baby shower while still pregnant with him...thanks Candice and Cody! Well, my baby boy has finally grown into his cowboy hat and he loves it.

As soon as the hat hits his head he's galloping through the house like he's riding a horse. He even throws his head back and forth as if he's being bucked around by a wild bronco. He and his sister run around the house on stick horses seeing who will get bucked off first...which usually turns into an injury, crying, and a lecture from Mom about running in the house.

The crying doesn't last long, the injury heels, and Mom's lecture is soon forgotten as he puts his cowboy hat back on and saddles up to ride his stick horse again...smiles and giggling quickly follow!!!

I know that this love for the western way of life is a special bond my children have with their dad...and every time my baby boy puts on his hat I'm reminded how lucky we are!

No comments: