The Blakley's
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 4

Pages


About Me

My photo
I’m a stay at home mother of two beautiful children, Zoey and Zane. I spend most of my days wiping butts and cleaning up…but what can I say I love every minute of it. I love the time I get to spend each day with my children thanks to God and my wonderful husband. This blog is about our daily happenings at the Blakley Ranch. Hope you enjoy!

Friday, January 29, 2010

Country Living...

I love the fact that we live in a small town. The same small town my husband was born and raised in. My children are able to experience the country way of life and they love it. In fact, Zane spent twenty minutes at the front door this morning in perfect silence. He was simply watching his "Paw Paw" unload round bales of hay off the trailer. My daughter put on her mud boots and begged me to let her get on the tractor and help. However, country living is not always pretty. I have one word for you....MUD! Ok, maybe two....GATES! I do not have to open a gate at the moment so I won't get on my soapbox about opening the gate....in the rain...in the mud...in your nice shoes...while your running late to where ever you need to go! Sorry, I had to vent a little over the eight years I had to open a gate. It scarred me for life! Anyway, back to the ugly side of country living.

Yes, this baby was found in our yard today. The same yard my babies play in. Is it alive you ask...oh yes, it is! Will it be for long? I sure hope not!

No comments: