The Blakley's
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 4

Pages


About Me

My photo
I’m a stay at home mother of two beautiful children, Zoey and Zane. I spend most of my days wiping butts and cleaning up…but what can I say I love every minute of it. I love the time I get to spend each day with my children thanks to God and my wonderful husband. This blog is about our daily happenings at the Blakley Ranch. Hope you enjoy!

Thursday, April 16, 2009

"Shiny" Teeth...

We headed over to College Station today for Zoey’s first dental appointment.


I was a little apprehensive as Zoey hates going to the doctor’s office…she starts crying in the parking lot even if the appointment is for Zane. Anyway, I told her that the dentist was going to check and brush her teeth...she showed no anxiety when I mentioned this. We arrived thirty minutes early for her appointment so she could play with the toys and kids in the waiting area. I was hoping this would build her confidence. When they called her name Zoey came to me and asked me to go with her…I thought to myself…here it comes. However, to my surprise Zoey walked right in and followed the dental assistant to the first available chair…she plopped herself right up in the chair and was perfectly relaxed.


The dentist came in and explained what was going to happen. Zoey laid back in the chair and let the dentist do her work.


She had her teeth brushed, polished, and x-rayed…she kept her mouth open the entire time.


After her fluoride treatment we headed home with two stickers on her shirt…and “shiny” teeth.


Just in case you didn’t know…the dentist told me that they see children as young as six months of age and recommend a dental visit by the age of one. We were a little behind schedule but had an A+ visit...and have another visit scheduled in six months.

1 comment:

Lacie said...

i would take diddle to the dentist but i am afraid of the outcome... his teeth are just like emilie's were... it will be expensive, not to mention, dramatic... he would have anxiety!