The Blakley's
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 4

Pages


About Me

My photo
I’m a stay at home mother of two beautiful children, Zoey and Zane. I spend most of my days wiping butts and cleaning up…but what can I say I love every minute of it. I love the time I get to spend each day with my children thanks to God and my wonderful husband. This blog is about our daily happenings at the Blakley Ranch. Hope you enjoy!

Monday, April 27, 2009

Wake-Up Shake...

Ok, today is the day…I’m working towards getting back to a more healthy lifestyle and starting some of my summer goals (check out My Summer To-Do List post). I power walked two miles this morning and plan on doing some strength training this afternoon. It’s ten in the morning and I have already drank three bottles of water. I’m not trying to toot my own horn…I’m hoping that posting my progress will keep me motivated.

I thought I would share a healthy recipe with you today…this one is by Betty Crocker and is one of my favorite morning drinks.

Wake-Up Shake

1 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
½ cup frozen berries (I usually use a mix of raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries)
¼ cup orange juice
1 medium banana, cut into chunks

Place all ingredients in blender. Cover and blend on high speed about 30 seconds or until smooth. Serve immediately.

1 Serving: Calories 215 (Calories from Fat 10); Fat 1g (Saturated 1g); Cholesterol 2mg; Sodium 55mg; Carbohydrate 49g; Dietary Fiber 4g; Protein 6g

% Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 46%; Calcium 18%, Iron 8%

Diet Exchanges: 3 fruit, ½ skim milk

This recipe makes two servings…Zoey and I usually share…she LOVES this shake.

So make it for yourself or for your kids…Enjoy!

No comments: