The Blakley's
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 4

Pages


About Me

My photo
I’m a stay at home mother of two beautiful children, Zoey and Zane. I spend most of my days wiping butts and cleaning up…but what can I say I love every minute of it. I love the time I get to spend each day with my children thanks to God and my wonderful husband. This blog is about our daily happenings at the Blakley Ranch. Hope you enjoy!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Dog Named Squirrel...

Joey and I dated all through high school. However, when I went off to college we lived in separate towns. Therefore, I would often visit him where he was employed on a working cattle ranch. During one of those visits, I met a friend of his who's dog just had a litter of puppies. I’m a sucker for anything newborn and tiny…I’m weak! At that time, I could talk Joey into anything. So, we came home with a runt puppy that would fit in the palm of my hand. She was covered in fleas. So, the first stop was a bath. While soaking wet and covered in soap we decided our new addition looked just like a Squirrel and we have been calling her that ever since. I graduated college, Joey and I got married, and we have had two babies…Squirrel was along for the entire journey.

I have always claimed Squirrel as MY DOG! My husband has several work dogs but Squirrel has always been our only pet. However, when my daughter Zoey was born things changed. Squirrel became very protective of our baby girl. Ever since Zoey’s been walking she has been dragging Squirrel around by the collar. She quickly claimed Squirrel as her own. Today was our last day with our family pet. She will be missed dearly but I’m thankful for the time we had with her and the memories we will cherish.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Awww, she looks like she was such a good dog! That stinks. :(

So, do you want mine..huh..huh...huh????