The Blakley's
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 4

Pages


About Me

My photo
I’m a stay at home mother of two beautiful children, Zoey and Zane. I spend most of my days wiping butts and cleaning up…but what can I say I love every minute of it. I love the time I get to spend each day with my children thanks to God and my wonderful husband. This blog is about our daily happenings at the Blakley Ranch. Hope you enjoy!

Friday, February 4, 2011

Joy of Love {Day 3}…

The Joy of Love {Day 3}…then and now! Our assignment today is to take a picture of our loved one from the past and compare it to a picture of our loved one in the present. My daughter is my topic today; she will probably be my subject tomorrow. In all honestly, she is the only cooperative person in my house when it comes to the camera. However, I knew she was PERFECT for today’s post. When I read today’s topic I knew exactly what picture I wanted to use of her from the past. It seems like yesterday that my sweet daughter was born. I’m so thankful to my sister-in-law, Lacie, for taking this picture. It brings up so many emotions each time I see it. Around our house we jokingly refer to it as Zoey’s “monster picture”.


However, the only thing I see is her beautiful birth. I remember her Daddy calming her cries right after this picture by simply saying, “Its okay, Daddy’s here”. I remember holding her in my arms for the first time and the immediate bond and love I felt for such a small being. I love every aspect of this picture and will always treasure it. The second half of our assignment is to post a picture in the present and to get in close. We were asked to crop in close and fill the frame with our subject’s face.


Zoey has gained weight, grown taller, and now flaunts a full head of long blond hair. However, she has grown in many other ways as well. In 4 years, 10 months, and 16 days she has become her own individual self. She is strong willed yet sensitive and I love that about her. I appreciate the fact that she stands up for what she wants but still cares about other people’s feelings. However, no matter how much she grows and changes she will always be my “Precious”.

No comments: