The Blakley's
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 4

Pages


About Me

My photo
I’m a stay at home mother of two beautiful children, Zoey and Zane. I spend most of my days wiping butts and cleaning up…but what can I say I love every minute of it. I love the time I get to spend each day with my children thanks to God and my wonderful husband. This blog is about our daily happenings at the Blakley Ranch. Hope you enjoy!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Joy of Love {Day 6}…

Today’s theme…who THEY love! We were asked to capture a photo of what our loved ones love. My daughter, Zoey, loves her stuffed animal “Pinkie”. Pinkie was a Valentine’s Day gift from her Daddy and me a few years ago. It came attached to a box of chocolate. Who would have guessed a $4.99 gift from Target would mean so much to a little girl. She sleeps, plays tea party, and often totes Pinkie in the car even if it is a quick trip to the grocery store. Pinkie has seen better days; however, I’m afraid to send her through the washing machine…I’m not sure she would survive. Zoey’s love for Pinkie is very special and I’m glad I was able to capture this in a photo.


I took one photo and one photo only. I’m really trying to work hard on my skills during this workshop. I don’t want to take twenty quick shots in an attempt to get one I want. I want to take my time, focus on what I need to do, and take only a few shots at different angels. That is sometimes easier said than done with kiddos. However, I’m going to try my best. In regards to camera tips, we were asked to work on selective focus and metering. So, I got in close and attempted to only have Pinkie’s face in sharp focus. I wanted the ragged look of the cat’s fur and whiskers to show how much this stuffed animal is loved. I’m happy with the results and I think this is a picture I will truly grow to love.

No comments: