The Blakley's
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 4

Pages


About Me

My photo
I’m a stay at home mother of two beautiful children, Zoey and Zane. I spend most of my days wiping butts and cleaning up…but what can I say I love every minute of it. I love the time I get to spend each day with my children thanks to God and my wonderful husband. This blog is about our daily happenings at the Blakley Ranch. Hope you enjoy!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Joy of Love {Day 7}...

Today’s focus…generations. This is my four-year-old daughter with her great-grandmother.


My own mom died when I was eleven. My grandmother was the one who was always there for me. She took me to buy my first prom dress, she was there when the first boy I cared about broke my heart, she cried when I found the perfect wedding dress, and again when I gave birth to my first child. I will always have a void in regards to the loss of my mother; especially in respect to my children. I have no doubt she would have adored them. However, I’m so grateful to have my grandmother here to lessen the loss and feel a special place in my children’s hearts.

1 comment:

Brandy said...

I'm loving your daily pics. This one especially!
Great grandmas are so special!
And I'm sure your mom is watching them daily, loving and laughing, and adoring!
Brandy